Ear, Nose & Throat Community
inflammed Sub-epithelial Lymphoid Tissue to go away?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

8247345?1345245360
I have a bump on my oropharnyx that i believe is inflammed Sub-epithelial Lymphoid Tissue.How long can this last it has been bothering me for the last 3 months since i got over an upper resp.It has bothered me before over the years but did not last long usually a day or two.I want to know how long it can take for it to reside?Here is a link to the pic of the bump in my throat it is the same color of my throat. It does look like it went down a little bit but not much..http://www.freeimagehosting.net/9qq4d.Thankyou for any answers to this question.Have a nice day
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It looks like a tonsillar enlargement. Sometimes persistent enlargement of the tonsil can sometimes be due to a lymphoma. It would be worthwhile to see if other lymph groups are enlarged namely, axilla and groin, these can be palpated, the others like those in the chest or abdomen may need a CT to detect their enlargement. Sometimes the tonsil may be removed for histopathological study. You will need to consult your primary care physician for further evaluation, who may then refer you to an ENT specialist.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.