2nd hand ciggerette smoke , now im sick, flu?
I went over to a friends place last friday night where 3 of my friends were smoking ciggerettes. I had no idea they were going to be smoking since they usually go outside, but not that night. So once I got there I chilled for around 2 hours all the while 3 of my friends chain smoked ciggerettes in a small trailor. Now after I left and went home my sinus felt like it was plugged up and sore. Then for the next few days it turned into a sinus infection and sore throat with yellow thick phlem.I coughed up, and I felt really weak like I been hit by a truck and all my muscles ached kind of felt like a mini flu. I just want to know whats going on here. If this is all from 2 hours of exposure to second hand smoke or a virus? My girl friend didnt get sick and we have been kissing eachother. I never get sick, and just find it odd I get this sick after being around ciggerette smoke for a couple hours made me feel horrible. like I caught cancer or somthing.
We are all "different", but I doubt a couple of hours of second-hand smoke would cause you anything other than immediate discomfort and even some upset of the stomach - the nose/lungs should recove soon after leaving the contamination.

Of course there is such a thing as too much smoke (fire fighters and victims) who require hospitalization to recover - but I can't see that being very likely for what you describe.  

Keep an eye on how your friend does, sometimes it takes a few days for a virus passed on to show symptoms.

Hope you are doing better, and just say "sorry I have to leave" when a friends start smoking in an enclosed environment - second hand smoke is no good.
thanks for the feed back... I am feeling better. the sinus and sore throat is gone although they do feel a bit dry still. the ache in my musckles and joints is gone. It has been a week since I been sick so it took 7 days to recover. Just not sure what caused it a virus maybe? but I felt sick about 10 hours after I was exposed to all that 2nd hand smoke.