Ear, Nose & Throat Community
3 days after surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

3 days after surgery

I had an open reduction with bone and tissue biopsies done for probable osteomyelitis as well as flushing irrigating and debriding all of the frontal sphenoid and maxillary sinuses.  First question, does anyone know how long till the biopsies come back?  I have to go to the **@@ who did the surgery on monday to have splints removed, but after how she treated myself and my husband, i do not want to deal with her anymore.  I used to use drugs and alcohol, but have been in recovery and sober for 8+yrs.  I told doctor the truth.  So she did not give me anything for pain after surgery, said deal with my primary, who says deal with the surgeon. We called first thing the next morning, her office staff basically told us "oh well", then  24hrs after operation to the after hours #, which she told my husband to do if there were any problems, she made a comment to my husband   "this is why I dont deal with addicts, i grew up on the streets."  Excuse me b**//, but should I have lied to you?  Does that make it better?  Here i am living my life the best way i can, tell the truth, and have done nothing but suffer these past few days.  My stitches are hanging down like she didnt trim them right, so every time i change the bloody gauze every hour cause i am still bleeding alot, it pulls the stitches, which then pulls the snot, then I feel it pulling all the way up in my forehead and back behind my ears.  I thought maybe this was from the tube they put down your throat, but i dont know.  I do know I am hurting, bad, and dont think its right that someone can deny you any type of pain relief.  She said take tylenol.  Hello, you can take 8a day!  I have to take 4 to even touch the hurt I have!  I am so upset that for telling the truth this is how I am treated.  She said she would not let me suffer, even if I was still on drugs.  I think she just wanted the money from the surgery then screw me!  So now if I get bad results on the biopsies which is very likely,(b/c of what ct scan says they said to prepare myself) how can I find another doctor who wont do this to me? I have found that most Doctors do not want to touch someone after another doctor worked on them.  I dont want to lie, I dont live like that today, but i almost feel like I will have to hide something about myself or my past if i dont want to suffer like this next surgery.  I am not proud of choices I made years ago, and really worked my *** off to right my wrongs, balance my karma, do the right thing.  ANd yes, i already know i need another surgery because after she operated for four and a half hours doing everything i said before, she was too tired to fix my deviated septum which is what i went to get repaired in the first place, finding out about all this after i thought it was only dev. septum.   Thank God for my husband and teenage daughter, they have done all they can to help, and heating pads are a lifesaver.  But this is not fair, at least i dont think it is.  Am I wrong?