Ear, Nose & Throat Community
3 swollen lymph nodes on left neck, fever, bodyache, chills... NO SORE ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

3 swollen lymph nodes on left neck, fever, bodyache, chills... NO SORE THROAT

Hello everyone...

i've had these 3 swollen lymph nodes only on the LEFT side of my neck for the past week or so... no symptom of cold or sore throat or ear infection, actually no caughing at all... i just have ongoing fever and chills, and random body aches... my left chin is tingling and half-numb as well... (can feel cold and heat but still feels very weird... which i read online could be a sign of blood cancer) i also have occasional sinus headache ONLY on the left side as well... i don't know if it's related, but i have also been sleeping very poorly and waking up soaking wet, but then is that jsut due to the fever? also, i have recently (in the past 2 days) completely lost my appetite... not a good sign.....

already had 2 CBC's and one differential, which were all normal. Mono spot test came back normal... today they took a CT scan and also, some blood for kidney function tests.

i am so scared right now as to what this could be? has anyone had symptoms like these before? I STILL HAVE A LOT OF ENERGY despite all the symptoms, and haven't grown paler or sicker-looking.......

is anyone listening?? :(
I'm sorry nobody has replied. Have you had your thyroid tested?
No, could it be a thyroid problem???

the fever, chills, and bodyache have gone away but now my tongue feels weird and I cannot taste very much with my tongue (sense of smell intact). how weird is this???
Judging from your symptoms sounds like a bit of bells palsy with the numbness in jaw.....and funny feeling on left side of face and headachey on left forhead (it can go up that high)  Bells palsey can be contracted via a virus and usually lasts 6 wks or longer and can affect the tongue and sense of smell and taste.  It can also cause the one eye to dry out because it does not properly close at night when you are asleep.   Hpe this helps check out the symptoms on the net.
I HAD read something about Bell's Palsy... My tongue is slowly returning to normal (can somewhat taste sweetness) but the numbness is still there. Have you had any personal experience with Bell's???

My skin where it feels numb also looks rough and has little white bumps on it if I look at it closely. It's definitely a different texture than other parts of my face...
Just went and saw a good ENT doctor... he said the swellings in my neck have gone down considerably since I took the CT scan and thus he is not worried about any malignancies. He said they might stay slightly enlarged (I can still feel them) FOREVER!!!