Ear, Nose & Throat Community
5-year old with lumps on side of neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

5-year old with lumps on side of neck

3411736?1221576939
I noticed that my 5-year old son has two large marble sized lumps on the left side of his neck.  He has recently had a cold and I am wondering if these lumps could just be swollen lymph glands.  Is it possible to have two swollen glands on the same side of the neck?  He has had normal energy levels but still seems to be "stopped up".  Any comments appreciated.  I posted a picture of his neck.  Thank you.
Tags: lumps
Hello I had the same sort of problem and yes there are swollen lymphnoids and it is possible to have several on the neck, they are actually located all over the body and they help fight off infection sometimes they are painfull and sometimes they are not the time u hv to maybe worry is when they are constantly and do not hurt at all and are very hard then you should go see a doctor but its always good to just get it checked so you have that reassurance from a professional.   Hope that helped :0)
My seven year old has the same 2 lumps in the same location. Have you gotten any answers yet?
My son just turned 5 this month.  He has shown his lump in the same place as your son.  I noticed six months ago.  We went to the doc today and they took blood and chest X-ray.  X-ray was great.

We are now going to see a ENT.  They think it could be scared lymph.

Tina
My boyfriend has had 2 lumps like these on the left side of his neck for about three months now so I don't think they're swollen lymphnoides. Recently they have seemed to be getting bigger and painful. Any answers?
My 4 yr old son had 1 on the side of his neck (the size of half a golf ball, it was awful) a few months ago, I took him straight to the DR as soon as I saw it come up (on the Thursday), as there is a strong history of lymphoma in my family and my husbands. The Dr put him on antibiotics and said it was likely he was fighting an infection (he had a low grade fever too) and Dr said the swelling should start to come down as the antibiotic should start fighting the infection. He said to go back on Monday if the size had not changed. By the Monday, it was about the size of your sons, and by the Thursday it was gone.
He's seen a hematologist since who said that I should be concerned if any lumps came up under the jaw and along the top of the collar bones.
I'd take him to see the DR as he might need antibiotics to help his body fight any infection.