Ear, Nose & Throat Community
A sharp sting in the rear of throat, near ears, when certain drinks ent...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

A sharp sting in the rear of throat, near ears, when certain drinks enter mouth?

Occaisionally when I drink something like soda, beer, or wine, I get a very sharp sting in the very back of my throat on both sides.  It feels like whatever I'm drinking is leaking into some passageway down below the jaw, in front of and below the front of my ears.  I know I have a very minor case of TMJ and I'm wondering if that may have something to do with it.  I've searched but have found no reference to what I'm experiencing.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?  Very annoying when I'm trying to enjoy a good drink!  Thanks!
Tags: talking
I get the exact same sting feeling too - rear of throat and near ears. I wouldn't say it's whenever I drink something, it just seems to be somewhat random. Any ideas on it yet?