Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Accidently Snorted Dry Candle Wax

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Accidently Snorted Dry Candle Wax

Hey guys.  My Son of 3 years found a small purple piece of wax on the carpet and asked me what it was.  I took it from him and sniffed it to confirm it was indeed candle wax, however a small piece of it was loose and shot up my nose and now it's lodged in my nasal passage. It feels as though it's behind my tonsils somewhere as I can feel it when I swallow, however nothing makes it budge; I've tried food and drink and it has been about 3 days now.  Whenever I swallow it feels as though I've swallowed a tablet, that kind of feeling.  I'm wondering how I can get it out, I've tried some menthol scented stuff from the pharmacist that you put in hot water and inhale, but it hasn't worked.  Any other suggestions?  Thank you!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Try closing one nostril and breathing through the other, if it is still lodged inside, you cannot breathe through the blocked one. In which case it needs to be removed, otherwise it can get infected. For this you will need to consult your doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.