Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Always have phlegm.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Always have phlegm.

I can't seem to get rid of my phlegm.  For a couple of months now, I tend to always clear my throat because there's phlegm in there and sometimes its easy to expel it, sometimes I will have a hard time as it's sticky.  It gets really sticky especially in the morning upon waking up.  Also, two weeks ago, I had an episode of blood spots in my phlegm, I had sore throat then and I was eating a spicy meal.  At times, again, especially in the morning, some of the phlegm is dark.  What's wrong with my throat and what can I do to stop it?  

Also, I don't know if it's related but I also have been bloating every time after I eat so when I went to the doctor she prescribed me Domperidone and Omeprazole before meals.  One time for Omeprazole which I usually take before dinner, and 3 times (every before meal) for Domperidone.  I usually get better after eating when I take the meds.  But the phlegm won't go away.

Last but not the least, my left arm is achy sometimes.  When I lift it up, I get the numb/tingly feeling.  Please help!  I tend to be a big worried too, so any help, tips, suggestions will be appreciated.  I am planning to do some endoscopy next week also.  

Thanks guys.
I have a phlegm problem when I drink to much milk. My doctor told me that it is common.  I found pineapple juice helps thin the phlegm.  More specifically, the enzyme Bromelain found in pineapple juice helps break down the milk proteins.  I use 500mg Bromelain within minutes the thickness is gone.  You can buy it in a vitamin shop.  The enzyme Papain from papaya may possible also help, although I haven't tried it.