Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Anyone else have pressure in forehead and/or bridge of nose?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I got a chemical peel back in December and used some retinol after the peel for nearly a week. My skin became inflamed and I went to the dermatologist who prescribed me a topical steroid. I used that for a week, but did not have any relief of the swelling/pressure. In fact, the steroid seemed to make my face worse because I began to have the pressure sensation in my nose.
It just feels like someone lightly pressing on my forehead or pinching my nose. It occurs in the areas where the frontal and ethmoid sinuses are located.  
I have been prescribed a course of antibiotics which I have been taking for nearly 3 weeks now with no resolution of the inflammation. I am also using a nose spray that is supposed to reduce inflammation.
I have heard of people with similar symptoms due to chronic sinusitis. I realize that not many people have found solutions to this problem, but perhaps there is someone out there who has been through or has something similar. This has been very debilitating for me, so it would be nice to have some help. I plan on seeing an ENT soon.  
Anyone have any ideas or similar problems?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to sinusitis, more so if the pressure varies with posture. The best way to get to the bottom of your sinus issues is to see an ENT.  A good examination inside the nose with a camera might give the ENT more information as well as a CT scan of the sinuses.  If it is a chronic sinus infection, 4-6 weeks of antibiotics are pretty standard in addition to nasal steroid sprays, oral steroids, and salt water irrigations of the sinuses.  If this fails to solve the problem, sinus surgery is usually recommended.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.