Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Are these adenoids(adenoids) an issue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Are these adenoids(adenoids) an issue

4549885?1244649521
Please any help. I have a FTT chronically ill nearly 4yr old, just finished another course of antibiotics for tonsils and has had this done to check adenoids (adenoids) as she has been 'blocked up' for about a year now, with fluid build up both ears. Any guidance would be much appreciated as we don't see the specialist for weeks and I would really, really like to know if these adenoids (adenoids) look to be an issue as the wait is killing me.
I couldn't actually see the adenoids (adenoids) on the x-ray, however, if your child is having problems with tonsils and has also been very congested in the sinus area then it is more than likely adenoids (adenoids).  I have been congested for 3 months now and I had to go to an ear nose and throat doctor and he ran a tube with a lens type thing on it up my nostrils to find out what was wrong. My family doctor whom I had seen twice had tried steroids, antibiotics, and allergy medicine and nothing worked. My tonsils were fine but red and sore because I had to breathe through my mouth. Adenoids (adenoids) are most commonly a problem in young children and they are usually removed with tonsils if the tonsils have to be removed.  
sorry, also adenoids (adenoids) if enlarged can press on the tube connected to the ears to make them feel clogged.
Thanks, it does appear to be adenoids (adenoids) based on clinical presentation but I believe due to her low weight they will not operate or otherwise investigate unless this xray warrants it. It does explain the ear issues though I wasn't aware they were related.

Thank you for the reply!