Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Armpit and shoulder and breast pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Armpit and shoulder and breast pain

I don't know if anything has to do with what I am feeling right now.  In November 2006 went to the doctors for a ear pain on left side and got a prescription for antibiotics.  I have allergies seasonal but when they bother me my shoulder starts to hurt (car accident 10 years ago causes my left shoulder to hurt once in awhile).  Anyway, I ended up in February going back to the doctors because my ear started to hurt again so my doctor figured this is allergies so he put me on two different allergy medicines.   That did help.   In March, I noticed my breast started to hurt both of them like tenderness.  I am 39 years old I figured this is got be the change of life because they feel like this before my menstrual period starts.  I got a kit from the drug store for menopause came out negative and then I thought I was pregnant so I got many test for that - all negative.   Got my menstrual cycle but my left breast started to hurt like nerve pain or like someone is stretching my skin.  I haven't gained any weight but I am overweight.   Then the pain would go to my armpit and then the other armpit would hurt - my ear, jaw and shoulder would hurt too - the pain comes and goes like a muscle pain.   I checked my blood pressure it is fine and I do have high blood pressure.   I have scheduled a doctors appointment and I have yearly physicals and I also do breast check every month.  So until my appointment I have become very nervous thinking it is breast cancer or something - scared to death!  I also have panic attacks so you always think the worst.  Anybody have a possible symptom to ease my mind a little.,
Hi. I just had a similar experience last month.  My son jabbed me above my breast and I started to feel breast pain.  The actual pain in the spot went away after a good 10 days, but then I started to feel pain on the side of my left breast and in armpit.  It was mostly tender and sore, no lumps.  But worrisome.  My period came went and came again...and the tenderness never left.  I am also 39, and thinking I am going thru perimenopause...and just about any ache or weird thing I was checking out.   I started to notice I had a kind of tingling down my arm. Felt somewhat numb, but not really---down to my hand.  So, I went to an Osteopathic Surgeon, these kind of DRS are more whole body...so she checked for lumps in my armpit, breast...nothing. I told her I felt a little tense in my back. And sure enough I was. Looking back, I was sleeping poorly, bad positions...etc.  Anyway, she took me to a different room and worked out the muscle for a few mins, told me to stretch more...etc. I can't remember the names of the muscles but one muscle in the back, trapezoid?, CAN affect the one that goes under your arm and make that area feel sore and tender. She worked it out, and I almost immediately started to feel the circulation go down my arm. It's been about 2 wks and the tenderness is all gone. I am not sure if this is how simple your problem is, but I know I was thinking the worse.  Try getting a massage...and work out those muscles in your back.  That might do the trick.  But still follow up with mammo, as I will be doing the same.  
well I am getting ready to get a physical but the pain still continues.   It goes down my arm like you just described.   I do blieve my sleeping position is probably bad.  I even took a menopause kit from the store which was negative but this pain is crazy.  I am thinking the worse till i get to the docters Cancer, heart problems.    
I, too, was thinking it's probably a stretched back/shoulder muscle.
I am wondering why does the pain go to the side of breast sometimes.   it happens once in awhile when the pain is intense in the shoulder and back.
I am now thinking it is arthritis or something because it hurts in the muscles and back.
Oh my gosh, that sounds like me!  I just turned 43 and have been experiencing almost the exact sensations as you described.  Prednisone helped when the initial pain became acute, but I have been left with mild, left armpit pain and tingling down my left arm to my hand.  Could this be hormonal in nature??  I will try the massage, as I think I have a strong heart and can not find any lumps either.
My doctor told me it was my sinuses - I had a complete physical - I suffer from allergies and what happened was I was waking up at night and not knowing it so because of no sleep my back would give me muscle spasms that would go from my spine to my shoulder to my under arm.     So now that I have my allergies under control the pain went away.
i have almost the exact symptoms, i took an ultrasound came back fine but the pain is still there i am sooo scared.i am 27 with one kid