Ear, Nose & Throat Community
BLEEDING FROM MY EAR... PLEASE HELP!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

BLEEDING FROM MY EAR... PLEASE HELP!!

Ok so, last night I was sitting on the couch and felt something wet inside my ear. I thought that I might still have water in it from my shower, but when I felt inside with my finger, blood came gushing out. I pulled my finger out and it had a large blood clot on the tip and it was covered in blood. I've never had anything like this happen. I've also had VERY bad headaches for the past couple of months that seem to last for days and won't go away no matter what I try, along with tons of dizziness. After I saw the blood I was advised by an ENT nurse to go to the ER. I did and the doctor there pretty much told me that my ear was never bleeding because he couldn't see any traces of blood. He made it seem like my boyfriend and I had made the whole thing up. (he saw it too and freaked out) Being the "great doc" that he was, he wrote me a script for a decongestant and some tylenol 3. Should I be worried?? PLEASE HELP!