Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Bad breath all the time

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Bad breath all the time

Hi I have bad breath and it does not matter how much I brush and wash my mouth it still stinks literally 24*7, I use Therabreath , clorexidine , peroxide, yougur , k12 probiotics, saline solution , nasal irrigator , tongue scraper and every type of mouth wash there is and nothing seems to work the horrible smell wont go away not even for a minute , I remember one time that I used clorexine somebody on the bus said it smells like rotten limon in here ,I felt so bad , my breath is so bad that people mell it several feet away I can tell by the way they cough or cover their nose , I ask my girlfriend to be honest she said some wierd smell comes out of my nose, even when my mouth is closed and even if I dont talk or breed and this is the strange part of the problem some times I hold my breath when I walk across people and they cough I ask my girlfriend she said it smell even if I dont breed and it gets alot worst when you swallow. I ask my best friend and my mon and they said I had to check my self out cause I smell very strange , I had this problem for 5 years now and it already became critical.
. I even had my tonsils removed and I also drink alot of water every day so my mouth is not dry ,but  my tongue has a white film on it ,
the symtoms (symptoms) I have are , white film on my tongue , post nasal drip , I dont take any medications for this cause , I use to take some medication that dried my mouth  and it just made it worst.
     Some times i wonder could this smell be coming out of my stomach cause,  I remember one time the dentist told me I had an irritated throat , if it is how come it smell all the time even if i flush.

For the post nasal drip I have am going to see a nose , ear , throat specialist to see if its related to my badbreath I also have a big nasal polyp on the left side of my nose, that I believe could be related to my post nasal drip.

my social life became hell , and I need help please .
I don't know if it helps, but you're not alone. I have identical problems and symptoms to yours, white film on my tongue, post nasal drip, heartburn. My breath is so bad that i have to turn away from myself when i talk. I became aware of the problem when i was 12 years old and i've had it since. I'm now 44. In the same period, i've had acid reflux or heartburn so i tend believe that it's probably responsible for my bad breath. I have had many treatments over the years but none has helped. I have also developed other problems over the years like tonsilitis, gigiivitis but all have disappeared with treatment apart from the heartburn. I have done several diagnostic tests all revealing nothing.
3 years ago i went to a doctor who told me that my problem is located in my stomach. He then treated my for H. Pylori infection and for the first time in over thirty years I ACTUALLY HAD NO BAD BREATH FOR SEVERAL WEEKS. Eventually, the badbreath return and has remained. My doctor believes I should have continued the treatment for much longer. I tried the same treatment again but no help this time. My doctor believes the organism is resistant to one or more of the antibiotics and will choose a different course next time.
Bad Breath ....please note most of the people don't think of sinusities infection when it comes to bad breath .......tounge...teeth and sinus infection ...all three has to be taken care of .... my bad breath completly disappeard after my sinus surgery.
MOLYBDENUM CITRATE WAS MY CURE FOR BODY ODOR...-SUFFERER FOR 15 YEARS