Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Below ear, neck area pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Below ear, neck area pain

3707557?1227757738
Not sure where this goes. I added a photo to help explain where the pain is. Its not me in the photo LOL. But my left ear, just under my ear has some pain, started about a week ago. I notice that it gets worse when I eat like sweets, so i try not to. But lately for dinner it started to throb. Its not a ear ache or anything like that. But hurts to eat sometimes.

I dont have any mouth infections or anything that I can physically feel. I asked my doctor and he said they are glands and muscles in that area. In the photo the red spot is where it throbs and I dont know what it is.

Like I said, I dont feel any mouth pains or anything. I DO notice that when I have ate sweets in the past that if it gets painful in my tooth area, i think a filling came out or something, not sure, but like i said i stopped eating the sweets after i noticed it throbbed after wards a few times.

Its been lingering longer now the last couple of days. Unsure what I should do. I dont want to make an appt if its something i can remedy myself.. any advice or suggestion or explainations would be helpful.. thanks in advance!