Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Bleeding ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Bleeding ear

My boyfriend started with the right ear hurting and bleeding he says it happens every winter the other day he cleaned it and pulled out what look like mold have of a dime. Now both ears hurt, horrible headaches and bleeding. Any advice. Suggestion?

According to the symptoms you have mentioned, it appears that he is having either acute otitis media or ear trauma. He needs to be examined by an ENT specialist to look for any trauma to the ear. Irrespective of the above conditions, he should avoid water getting into the ear, medications such as Ibuprofen or Paracetamol and an antibiotic (such as Amox-clavunate) would be helpful. Any more doubts you are welcome.

Regards
OHNS2010
            My mother has the same problem. she was cleaning her ear with a swab and out came the swab with blood on it. Also, while she was cleaning it, it hurt but not badly. What should she do? She has no problem with it now but it just hurts her while cleaning it. What can or should she do? Is there any chance that she could have ear truama?
My bf went to the doctor and they flushes out tissue out of idk where he got medication.. Only thing you can do ...for the mean time no water in the ear