Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Bleeding from ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Bleeding from ear

Hello. my ear was plugged up and I used ear wax drops and a syringe. I got some wax out, but it still felt plugged. So I put a Qtip in my ear and a big piece of ear was came out. I placed the Qtip back into my ear to get any access out, and the Qtip came out with blood on it. I put it in too far. It is not bleeding much, but there is some amount. I am a little dizzy and its slightly sore. Do I need to see the doctor right away? Could this be just a simple irritation, or a ruptured eardrum?  I'm scared as there are no clinics open today and I also do not have insurance. Can anyone help me? Thanks!
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

You could have damaged the tympanic membrane or eardrum. You will need to be examined to assess the extent of damage. More so as you are having symptoms of dizziness. Please consult your doctor at the earliest or go to the ER.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.