Blocked salivary gland???
Londres, or anyone of you that can help me:

I am seeing the ENT on Monday - tomorrow!  for a throat issue that has been haunting and ruening my life, since 2010.

I came across some info:  Submandibular glands and relation to EBV/Glandular fever/Mono virus and then afterwards complication of salivary glands that get blocked, tumors, etc.

I had EBV acute infection in Feb. 2010 and was confirmed with bloodtests that it was a first onset.  Treated with 4 days IV drugs and since then I noticed the gland and my throat symptoms began.

Symptoms:  when I eat or drink or talk.

Does this make any sense?  I don't think it is a tumor, just a blocked salivary gland???  I know I am suppose to wait until my ENT appointment, but I want to be ready and not confuse him with any other unrelated info about GERD or heart probs or whatever I had.  He is a "Otolaryncologis" and I have never seen or spoken to him and apart from a GP referral, I have no idea what to expect from his appointment.... .
Hey Cornel.....

You finally have an appointment to see this specialist; great.  

Well.....it would be difficult to say that this is a blocked salivary gland.  Sounds more like an issue with your larynx or something causing an issue with your larynx, perhaps polyps or nodules; difficult to say or speculate.  
I had a small salivary gland stone.  My symptoms were the most odd I've ever had in my life.  I had spasms in my tongue .. muscular contractions that felt like tongue cramps .. it was awful .. also, I had awful swollen glands.  I was suffering from a nasty URI at the same time, so at first it was confused but later deemed a small salivary stone and it passed!

C~

PS:  NOT FUN STUFF
Hi there,

I actually started giving feedback in the GERD forum as my original ENT problem started from severe GERD.  ENT discover that the Cricopharengeal muslce is thickened and needs to be taken care off.

Treatment plan:  Physio (exercises with tounge and mouth),
the medication:  Endep and Diazapam in very high dosages
Gaviscon twice a day.

Then on the 17 of July a Medical procedure using Botox to inject the muscle with the hope that it would relax and won't need the Myotomy (Surgery).  This type of Botox are getting done in Theater, under full anaesthetic and then Endoscopy en needles en Botox... something like that.

So yeah, still working on it and not an easy solution to it, but atleast I got to a good Doctor and he is trying some things an accurate diagnoses.

Will keep you posted :)
Yes, please keep me posted dear.  

I peek in the GERD forum here and there.  I think I will check it out now.  

Wishing you all the best dealing with this.  Will keep you in my thoughts.  

"L"