Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Bloody Taste in Throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Bloody Taste in Throat

I have reflux although I take medicine which generally controls it.  A few weeks ago, the reflux was really bad throughout the night and I woke up with a serious taste of blood in my mouth.  So I spit and blood was in it.  I talked to my gastro and didn't think anything else of it.  I sing in my church choir and have done so for the past 14 years.  Yesterday while in service I noticed the blood taste in my throat again.  This accompanied feelings of strain while singing.  I've sang all my life and have done up to 4 services in a day.  Yesterday I had trouble hitting and holding notes, and when I pressed on is when I noted the taste of blood.  Plus, by the end of the day, I had a slightly sore throat.  I've noticed the strain over the past few rehearsals.  Yesterday, I noticed that I also had an earache while trying to sing.  

I called and made an appointment to see my ENT but I can't get in until late next month.  I'm more than a little nervous about this.  I was told about 10 years ago that I had a nodule but the ENT at the time wanted me to see a specialist for removal because I sing.  I elected not to do anything about the nodule back then and I've had no problems since then.  Any ideas on what this could be?
Honestly, anytime I hear of blood and acid reflux I think bleeding ulcer. I only say that becasue someone I know had the same symptoms except for the nodule and that's what it was. He didn't know he had acid reflux or the ulcer until sypmtoms similar but a little worse than yours presented.
You may want to post this on the gastro forum as well and see what kind of responses you get.