Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Bugs in ears

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Bugs in ears

Hey, just like ten minuets ago I took a shower and after getting out I had that ear wax feeling like something was moving around, so I took like two or three Q-tips and started cleaning my ear, after two q-tips I still felt the feeling of something moving, so I took a q-tip and went back in, when I brought it out I saw a large clump of dark ear wax, and after that I looked closer and it looked like a bug. After going crazy for five minuets I finally decided to look it up on yahoo but could not find anything and online and most of the sources said bugs in the ear are an urban myth, so I took a magnifying glass and looked at it a little more in depth and I cant say 100% that it
sorry for not saying this but the bug thing was in my left ear.
Hi ewwww but my cousion over the summer had a bug in her ear, she went to an ent to just check it out I think he gave her antibitiocis just in case .....good luck  that is ewwwy and I probably would feel the way you do,,,
That sounds terrible!
Have you still got the bug?

Take it to a specialist and ask them what they think it is if so.
If not, you should still go to ENT and describe what yoo found.

Just a suggestion... Maybe it was an odd nit?

Katie x
Oooh that must have been horrible! Gotta tell you, though,  what you're describing sounds like what Katie just suggested - headlice (their egg sacs are called Nits). Check if you have head lice...they are tiny little brown creatures just like you describe and their favourite place to set up camp is right behind your ears. If you don't have anyone who can check your hair & scalp for you, then buy a nitcomb, wash your hair, pile on the conditioner and comb your hair through with the nitcomb...you'll see the little brown lice caught up in the conditioner in the comb's teeth if you do have them. It is quite possible one took a wrong turn and ended up inside your ear!! They are easily got rid of with over the counter solutions from the pharmacy. good Luck!
Ok, i have a question! I want to say for about a week now i've been hearing this weird clicking noise in my ear, and I cant tell if I feel movement in my ear, but its driving me nuts, And i dont want to go see a doctor if i'm only making a fool out of myself. Maybe Someone can give me an answer. Let me know, Thanks.

MandyRei
Regarding the bug:

You can see either an Audiologist or an ENT for that issue.

Bugs in the Ear are for sure not an urban myth...  Seen several cockroches in my day, and ants are pretty popular.

Ear wax is actually caustic to bugs.

Good luck
If you have bugs in your ears, which is always possible, you should put honey in your ear to compleatly kill the bugs remaining in your ears. This will also clump all bugs together making them easier to "grab" out of your ear.
I'm not exacly sure... but I heard this somewhere...
Do not feel crazy. For the past few weeks i have had stuff moving in my ears and nose. These people are right, i did have head lice from my grand daughter from daycare. I dont know what to do. Do i go to the dr or are there things that will take this away. The people at the dr office are really going to think im nuts now.
I have been told by the doctors that I have a bug in my nose that keeps causing me to have impetigo on my face.... they given me cream which helps but I have to say that Im not happy that I havent been given antibiotics for it.  Does anyone know anything about this at all?? Cqan anyone give me any advice plz?
Michelle
A bug in the ear is not an unusual occurance.  They sometimes crawl in when you are sleeping.  It can be a terrorizing experience, hearing and feeling it move around in there.  you can kill the bug with mineral oil.  Lay on side and place mineral oil in ear.  That will suffercate the bug so you can remove it
I feel miseryable every day im a black woman something eaten my hair flying n my ears, nose throat and body. My ears pop every so often and it feels like something popping out of my scalp too. It also feels like bugs are scaling my face.I dont sleep at night it gets worst.I can feel things like bugs braises against my hair in a particular spot and its fallen out very weird to me. Ive been going to the doctors but there not helping and its getting worse. Please help me find a solution. Email is ***@****
I have the same thing too big for nits my son thinks i am nuts but I think  mosquito has laid eggs in there the is gooy stuff which us almost elastic in my ear which is hard to pull out but alcohol helps  I need help
ok, maybe somebody can help me.....my six year old came home from school with lice 10 days ago, and about the same time I noticed that the inside of my nose was really itchy and my ears feel itchy and full as well.   Do lice nest in your nose and ears?  My daughter has extremely curly textured hair, and it has been quite a challenge to get rid of all the nits......
For ear clicking, try 10 drops of hydrogen peroxide.

For nasal, try to get a prescription for albendazole / ivermectin. May also want to get tested for lyme and lyme related organisms if this has been a long lasting issue.
Uhhhh....nooooooooo.  Just NO.