Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Bumps in bottom of mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Bumps in bottom of mouth

I have been having some discomfort in the bottom of the left side of my mouth by my back molars for about a month.  After moving my tongue I have found several small bumps.  They are the same color as the area, there is also one where my tongue attaches to the bottom of my mouth.  Any ideas on what this is?
I have a bunch of them - no worries.
As to the second question:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/KateInAlaska/undertongue.jpg

We all have similiar (and they run further back, too). Within the circle are two small holes. If you lower your jaw, lift your tongue and massage under your chin, you may see saliva seep (or sometime squirt)out from these holes. This is normal.

As to your first question, you shouldn't have any discomfort. Might it be teeth in need of work? If it's from the bumps under the tongue, further back, a possible slight infection in your saliva glands or small obstruction.
If you have a habbit of constant checking with your tongue, that in itself might keep it irritated.
I have a hard lump on the left side of my throat that hurts alot.I have been back and fourth to the doc. and nothing.He acts like it is no big deal.It doesn't hurt all the time but alot.It is all the way back on left side.If anyone has a clue,that would be helpful.