Bumps on the soft palate, just above the uvula
I am a 28-year old female. Not smoking, not drinking.
A few days ago I gave a 1h30 presentation (I was talking for a long time) and in the next few hours I started experiencing a sore throat - not exactly pain, more like a dry throat, scratchy feeling. It was getting annoying so I just thought I'd take a look in the mirror, by lighting a small flashlight towards my throat. My throat wasn't excessively red, only a few red capillaries scattered across the soft palate. But then I noticed a few bumps above my uvula that got me worried. They are between 1 and 2mm in diameter (see photo) located on both sides of the symmetry line of the soft palate. I tried running my finger over them but they don't hurt.
I don't have any difficulties swallowing.
Also, if I look really closely at my soft palate, from a certain angle, I can see other, even smaller bumps (pinprick size) above these ones, between the uvula and the hard palate.

Any idea what they are? Are they normal? I always thought the soft palate mucosa should be smooth. I might have had these for a long time, but just didn't realize as this was the first time I checked out my throat in the mirror.
I will see an ENT dr in a few weeks after I go back home (traveling for work right now).

Thanks.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

They could be small retention cysts or sometimes due to scalding due to hot liquids. This cobble stone appearance can sometimes be seen with infections, then it is usually accompanies by redness and inflammation. You will need to consult your dentist who will examine you and determine the cause so that appropriate therapy can be initiated. In the meantime do salt water gargles prior to meals to avoid gagging.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
I have this to... Did you ask what is this?