Ear, Nose & Throat Community
CAN SINUSITIS CAUSE BLIND SPOTS?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

CAN SINUSITIS CAUSE BLIND SPOTS?

Hi, I have had loads of eye problems recently such as blurred vision, blind spots, floaters etc, plus feeling of pressure in my head. Have had eye tests etc and everything is 'structurally fine'. But someone has told me that sinusitis can cause these symptoms, and I do have a 'drippy nose' all the time. Has anyone else had these symptoms as a result of sinusitis...I'm hoping that's what it is rather than something more sinister. Many thanks!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Sinus infections can get very serious and cause eye and vision problems.  Usually patients with this are very sick with severe eye pain.  The eye may be bulging out and red.  This is a life threatening type of infection and requires emergent evaluation and treatment.  Were you evaluated by an Ophthalmologist?  or an optometrist?  
Blank
242516_tn?1368227505
OtoHNS_MD is right, pre-orbital cellulitis (infection behind the eye) is very serious and life-threatening.

Your symptoms were suggested to be "structurally fine" so it doesn't sound as serious.

a drippy nose can be from rhinitis (allergic or not)

i'd see your regular doc and ask for treatment for rhinitis, and for another referral to a different ophthalmologist
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...