Ear, Nose & Throat Community
CSF leak or hydrops???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

CSF leak or hydrops???

After a spinal anesthesia I have been suffering from lethargy, dizziness, ringing in the ears, feel I can't focus my eyes etc.  Its' been 9 months now and the symptoms are still present.  This has greatly impacted my life since I can't work or go to school.  I can't even take care of my baby, or for that matter myself.

One out of two ENT doctors said I had hydrops, the other one said she did not beleive my symptoms were a result of anything in my ears.  A neurosurgeon believes there is a possibility of a persistent CSF leak, but have to go through invasive testing.  Before this how can I rule out my hydrops to be the cause of my symptoms?  Also and audio exam revealed I was sensitive to loud noises.  Can I have some kind of deafness that I can't tell.

I know an MRI can detect CSF leaks but does this has to be done with the dye for the leak to show?
If the leak is very small will it still show in the MRI?

thanks for any information.

This discussion is related to Ringing in ear since spinal.