Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Calcium Stones in neck
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Calcium Stones in neck

I have been noticing small lumps in my left neck area with pain, almost as if I was fighting sickness. My doctor ordered a CT scan and I was referred to an otolaryngologist for having calcific density in the left parapharyngeal region, which basically I heard as calcium stones.

What bothers me is that in my left chest area, I've had a pain that seems to come down from the throat area, like a mesquite thorn is lodged in that area.  For the past 2 years, I've had painful breasts and was diagnosed as having fibroidadenoma.

Is this all related to one another?  What causes this and what can I do about it?

I'm pretty healthy.  I have Type I Diabetes with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, but with no complications.  Unfortunately, I'm going to a million different doctors (endo, internal medicine, now an ENT).  Shouldn't I find someone who can take care of the whole picture?  What type of doctor?

I do have an appointment with an ENT in 2 weeks, but I'm not sure what to expect, what kind of questions to ask, or if the chest area should be a concern as well.  Any help is greatly appreciated.