Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Call Center Ear Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Call Center Ear Pain

I started working at a call center last Friday.  I wear a headset which has a ear piece on one side.  The room I work in is filled with other people on the phone and it is pretty loud.  At the end of the day I noticed that my right ear canal did not feel normal - it felt a little sensitive and sore.  My ear didn't get better at all over the weekend, and I worked all day today (monday) as well.  Today I had my headphone ear piece on the left side most of the day but switched to the right side for some one the time.  Now my left ear canal is bothering me too, and my right ear canal is feeling a lot worse and is midly painful and feels swollen and feels a little like there is a difference in pressure between the outside and inside of my right ear.  In addition to this being uncomfortable I'm worried about permanently hurting my hearing.  I don't know what to do.  I am worried that if I go to the doctor, I will not get any useful information and spend a hundred dollars for the visit.