Can Tonsil Stones cause Swollen Lymph Nodes
I'm a 21 yr old male, who has been having alot of problems with my head and neck area. I've had two swollen submandibular nodes in my neck for 7 months now. They're mobile, and don't feel like they have been growing since I first found them, but the one on the right side is 1.5 CM and the left is 1.7 CM according to a CT scan two months ago. I've had mono in the past, and my ENT said that can destroy the tissues around the tonsils. Well lately I've noticed tonsil stones especially in the left tonsil, it has become quite annoying trying to get the food out of there. My ENT did mention that the tonsil stones could be causing the swelling in my neck as a reaction to what they think is an infection in the tonsils. Now I've been worried of Lymphoma, but I don't show symptoms. I know the biggest symptom other than the enlargements themselves is weight loss, but since I first found these I've gained 21 Lb's which is good for me b/c I'm a skinny person. Also I've heard that bi-lateral lymph nodes is better and more indictative of a benign condition and not a malignancy.

So could these tonsil stones really be causing the swelling in my submandibular glands or could this be a more troubling condition like lymphoma?