Can a maxillary retention cyst burst?
A little background:
I have recently had an MRI for severe headaches/migraines by my Neurologist which came back normal except for a 3.4 cm maxillary cyst on my right side. My Neuro said it was nothing and it wouldn't be causing my headaches. I went to my GP who said the same thing. I asked to be referred to an ENT and he said the exact same thing but wanted me to have a ct scan for a better view. I'm awaiting the results now. I asked the radiologist if she saw the cyst and she said, "yes, it is big! Are you having it removed?" I said I didn't know yet.

Now to the question:
Last night I started having strange (foul) tasting mucous running down the back of my throat on the right side and everytime I breath in I can smell the foul smell but mainly through just the right nasal cavity. Is it possible the cyst has ruptured and will go away on its own? I have read many posts on here about these cysts but I haven't seen anything about the possiblilty of one doing this. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Mystree
Hi I'm trying to find out the answer to the same question,did you find out tye answer and did u have to get it removed?