Can hear heartbeat "swooshing" in my left ear only...
Hello! This all started about 8-10 months ago. I never had this issue at any time in my life before that. I can hear my heartbeat in my left ear. It is a very quiet swooshing sound and I can only hear it when everything is quiet around me. It's just really annoying! I did some research and came up with a conclusion that it could be pulsetile tinnitus (sp?). But does tinnitus just appear out of nowhere all of a sudden in the middle of my life? I am 29 years old now.
A complete ear examination is necessary for determining the correct cause of your symptoms. It is possible that you are suffering from pulsatile tinnitus. Pulsatile tinnitus can be due to a change in blood flow in the vessels near the ear or to a change in awareness of that blood flow. Strenuous exercise , pregnancy and conditions like severe anemia or hyperthyroidism can cause increased blood flow throughout the body .Conductive hearing loss, benign intracranial hypertension are few other causes of pulsatile tinnitus. A clinical examination, hearing tests and Doppler to check blood flow may be helpful. See an ENT specialist. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!