Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Can the drugs Tramadol(Ultram) or Tizanidine(Zanaflex) cause either tin...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Can the drugs Tramadol(Ultram) or Tizanidine(Zanaflex) cause either tinnitus and/or hyperacusis?

I have both tinnitus and hyperacusis and take both Tramadol and Tizanidine. I was wondering if anyone knew if either of these drugs cause either of these conditions?
I take Zanaflex for back spasms and if i get up after sitting or lying down for a while after taking the tablets, I get ringing in my ears and they feel as if they're fillin up with fluid....i get a stuffy feeling in my ears and temporary hearing loss (not total, but muffled)

I haven't really been able to find any other evidence of this anywhere else...but it always seems to go away after a few minutes.

Best of luck to you!

jeff (charleston, sc)
***@****