Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Can tonsils grow back?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can tonsils grow back?

I'm Ray and I'm 14. When I was 10 I had my tonsils removed because I had 17 cases of strep throat in a year. They said I wouldn't get strep anymore because my tonsils would be gone, but I still get it like 6 times a year. I really can't deal with it anymore. I sing, I'm in a band. Right now, I've got a fever and its 102 degrees. My throat is all red and swollen and it hurts really bad. There's white spots in the back, and some red spots too. Here's where I start to wonder: Can tonsils grow back? I've been sick so much lately, are my tonsils there again? It's so swollen that it looks like I still have them. I can't even see that little hanging thing in the back of my throat. My sister just told me that it was a partial tonsillectomy if that means anything. I'm not going to a doctor, they haven't done anything to help before. If you guys know then please help me. My throat's never hurt this bad before, I just want it to stop.