Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Can you get oral thrush in the throat?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Can you get oral thrush in the throat?

If so, how do you know that you have it in the throat, if you can't see there? Is there any way to tell, other than asking a doc to look?

I've noticed some small white places on my tongue and the v-shaped papilla on the back of my tongue seems to be enlarged. I've heard that oral thrush can cause some of the symptoms I'm having like tiredness, lightheadedness, and feeling "out of it".
Sounds suspicious of Thrush.  

It will be difficult to see this down your own throat; need a physician to assess your mouth and throat.  

So, have a physician check this.  
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

White patches are common in many throat  infections. In response to the infection the body produces soft white debris which collects in the tiny indentations in the tonsils called crypts. This causes pain or burning while swallowing. Repeated salt water gargles will help. Mix one teaspoon of salt in 1 cup of warm water and gargle. If the patches increase in size or become painful then consult your doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.