Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Cannot swallow solids, liquids have to be grinkin fast. Food sticks in ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Cannot swallow solids, liquids have to be grinkin fast. Food sticks in upper throat.

Hello First let me say that over the past month I have been threw several doctors. None have really listened to me the past one I went to did not speak English very well and was very arrogant, he wouldn't listen to me at all.

For the past 3-4 weeks I have had trouble eating solid foods. It started one night when I was eating steak some got stuck in my throat I coughed it up. I do not know if this was a result of the problem or the cause.

Solid foods do not make it to my esophagus, I seem to have trouble pushing it down per say, I have to very conscious of my swallows.

This is the part the doctors seem to ignore.

When I swallow or gulp, and immediately breath threw my nose, there is a quick blockage as I snore once, it seems to come free. I really don't know how to explain this. This is done with every gulp. I want to say that with every swallow my breathing is opened when it should close, but I have no idea how to clearly explain this.

I have been wrongly sent to a Doctor that did an Endoscopy on me and looked at my stomach and esophagus, after two weeks tomorrow he is sending me to a speech therapist to check for neurological disorders, he is very arrogant and ignores every claim I tell him, and says that up here (pointing to his neck) is not his specialty.

I have done the Barrium Swallow thing, however that didn't show much because it was mainly liquids which as I said go down ok as long as it is fast.

Please let me know something that might be of value. I am sick of slamming down meal supplement shakes and liquid yogurts.

Marcus
I did another barium today and still nothing definite, she asked if my mouth was dry when I Eat and gave me a bunch of saliva medication actually iy's over the counter I believe it is called Benocite, it does make mmy motuh more moist, but thats only temporary.

Someone please help.
Did this ever get resolved? I have a similar problem...