Cannot swallow solids, liquids have to be grinkin fast. Food sticks in upper throat.
Hello First let me say that over the past month I have been threw several doctors. None have really listened to me the past one I went to did not speak English very well and was very arrogant, he wouldn't listen to me at all.

For the past 3-4 weeks I have had trouble eating solid foods. It started one night when I was eating steak some got stuck in my throat I coughed it up. I do not know if this was a result of the problem or the cause.

Solid foods do not make it to my esophagus, I seem to have trouble pushing it down per say, I have to very conscious of my swallows.

This is the part the doctors seem to ignore.

When I swallow or gulp, and immediately breath threw my nose, there is a quick blockage as I snore once, it seems to come free. I really don't know how to explain this. This is done with every gulp. I want to say that with every swallow my breathing is opened when it should close, but I have no idea how to clearly explain this.

I have been wrongly sent to a Doctor that did an Endoscopy on me and looked at my stomach and esophagus, after two weeks tomorrow he is sending me to a speech therapist to check for neurological disorders, he is very arrogant and ignores every claim I tell him, and says that up here (pointing to his neck) is not his specialty.

I have done the Barrium Swallow thing, however that didn't show much because it was mainly liquids which as I said go down ok as long as it is fast.

Please let me know something that might be of value. I am sick of slamming down meal supplement shakes and liquid yogurts.

Marcus
I did another barium today and still nothing definite, she asked if my mouth was dry when I Eat and gave me a bunch of saliva medication actually iy's over the counter I believe it is called Benocite, it does make mmy motuh more moist, but thats only temporary.

Someone please help.
Did this ever get resolved? I have a similar problem...