Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Chronic Sinus Congestion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Chronic Sinus Congestion

I am 25 years old and I used to have horrible allergies. I used to have to leave work because I was sneezing so much. Well anyway I started getting sinus infections a lot. ( My mom says I have always had bad sinuses) Well about two months ago, my allergies just stopped but my congestion is way worse than it ever was. I have been congested ever since and I can't break it up. I went to the doctor and he gave me a steroid shot and a z-pack but it didn't work. I can't blow my nose either it just makes the pressure worse and my nose isn't running either.  My husband says I have started snoring (which I didn't used to).  I have always breathed through my mouth when I was sleeping because I have problems breathing (like I can't get enough air) but since I have been so congested I have been waking up with the most horrible cotton mouth in the world and I when my mouths starts getting moist again it feels slimy.  So I brush my teeth but the other day when I spit while brushing there was a green tint to it.  My tongue is also now white and rough looking with huge red/smooth spots on each side and a smaller one a litte closer to the front that are little sore.  Like I said I have always slept with my mouth open but this has never happened before.  My ears also feel a little clogged sometimes.  What could be doing this?
If your sinusitis does not respond to antibiotics or regular salin irrigation, you can try a Flip-Turn Sinus Flush.  It will wash all the infected mucus out of your sinus cavities, which is the best way to cure it.  It is risky, because you have to bend over in a shower, but you can also do it outside on soft ground.

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322

The first few times you do it, it may not seem effective, because you have to open up the clogged passages.

Also, take some nettle leaf capsules for a few weeks.  The high magnesium content often makes people have less reaction to allergens.  No side effects.