Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Chronic Sinus Congestion
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chronic Sinus Congestion

I am 25 years old and I used to have horrible allergies. I used to have to leave work because I was sneezing so much. Well anyway I started getting sinus infections a lot. ( My mom says I have always had bad sinuses) Well about two months ago, my allergies just stopped but my congestion is way worse than it ever was. I have been congested ever since and I can't break it up. I went to the doctor and he gave me a steroid shot and a z-pack but it didn't work. I can't blow my nose either it just makes the pressure worse and my nose isn't running either.  My husband says I have started snoring (which I didn't used to).  I have always breathed through my mouth when I was sleeping because I have problems breathing (like I can't get enough air) but since I have been so congested I have been waking up with the most horrible cotton mouth in the world and I when my mouths starts getting moist again it feels slimy.  So I brush my teeth but the other day when I spit while brushing there was a green tint to it.  My tongue is also now white and rough looking with huge red/smooth spots on each side and a smaller one a litte closer to the front that are little sore.  Like I said I have always slept with my mouth open but this has never happened before.  My ears also feel a little clogged sometimes.  What could be doing this?