Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Chronic Sinus Pressure / Head Pressure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Chronic Sinus Pressure / Head Pressure

Hi!

I am a 22 year old girl from Florida.

For the past three months I have been experiencing chronic forehead / sinus pressure on my behind my eyes, behind my nose, above my ears and on my forehead.  At first I thought I had a classic case of sinusitis (I wish..) and was given several courses of antibiotics.  I work for a dentist and he prescribed me Augmentin 850 mg ( I believe) which didn't work. Month later my PA prescribed me a zpak with nasal spray which was a few weeks ago. Still hasn't helped. I tried using a neti pot, cleaning my house constantly from dust and trying to find any mold. Some days are better than others, but most of the time I have these awful symptoms. I know have an appt for my wisdom teeth to be removed, to get retainers from clenching and possibly grinding at night, and an appt with an ENT that is in a month. I still use the nasal spray everyday and am now thinking to gegt sudafed from behind the counter. Any suggestions for a morning regimen routine. Such as a zyrtec and sudafed every morning, with an advil. Something to get me along. I am now serious about gluten and wheat free since I hear many things about how that can cause these issues. I am a dental assistant around chemicals and a constant strained neck. I practice yoga and am healthy for the most part. I cannot get to the leading reason behind this torture. Please any suggestions!

Thank you!
Surmising your doctor correctly diagnosed you, your sinus infection seems to be in your upper sinuses. Antibiotics often don't work in sinuses, due to a lack of blood flow, and nasal sprays wont reach upper sinuses, due to gravity.

This technique uses gravity to flush out sinus infections, and is pretty safe for a person your age.

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322/The-Sinus-Flush

If you get no results after a few weeks of flushing, then it could be one of the other things you suspect.

At any rate, go see the ENT
I have had similar sinus issues that feels like a constant pressure between the eyes near the brain.   My ENT said I had infected sphenoid sinuses and I went thru surgery to get them cleaned up.  

Well here we are a month later after surgery and it feels the same way.  So be hesitant if your ENT ops for surgery.  Maybe get a 2nd and 3rd opinion.