Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Chronic Sinus Pressure / Head Pressure
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chronic Sinus Pressure / Head Pressure

Hi!

I am a 22 year old girl from Florida.

For the past three months I have been experiencing chronic forehead / sinus pressure on my behind my eyes, behind my nose, above my ears and on my forehead.  At first I thought I had a classic case of sinusitis (I wish..) and was given several courses of antibiotics.  I work for a dentist and he prescribed me Augmentin 850 mg ( I believe) which didn't work. Month later my PA prescribed me a zpak with nasal spray which was a few weeks ago. Still hasn't helped. I tried using a neti pot, cleaning my house constantly from dust and trying to find any mold. Some days are better than others, but most of the time I have these awful symptoms. I know have an appt for my wisdom teeth to be removed, to get retainers from clenching and possibly grinding at night, and an appt with an ENT that is in a month. I still use the nasal spray everyday and am now thinking to gegt sudafed from behind the counter. Any suggestions for a morning regimen routine. Such as a zyrtec and sudafed every morning, with an advil. Something to get me along. I am now serious about gluten and wheat free since I hear many things about how that can cause these issues. I am a dental assistant around chemicals and a constant strained neck. I practice yoga and am healthy for the most part. I cannot get to the leading reason behind this torture. Please any suggestions!

Thank you!
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Surmising your doctor correctly diagnosed you, your sinus infection seems to be in your upper sinuses. Antibiotics often don't work in sinuses, due to a lack of blood flow, and nasal sprays wont reach upper sinuses, due to gravity.

This technique uses gravity to flush out sinus infections, and is pretty safe for a person your age.

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322/The-Sinus-Flush

If you get no results after a few weeks of flushing, then it could be one of the other things you suspect.

At any rate, go see the ENT
Blank
I have had similar sinus issues that feels like a constant pressure between the eyes near the brain.   My ENT said I had infected sphenoid sinuses and I went thru surgery to get them cleaned up.  

Well here we are a month later after surgery and it feels the same way.  So be hesitant if your ENT ops for surgery.  Maybe get a 2nd and 3rd opinion.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank