Chronic Sinus Problems
Hi. Back in January I got what I thought was a sinus infection/cough. After a month of it not going away, I finally went to the doctor who told me it didn't really look like a sinus infection but based on the discriptions I gave her it sounded like it was so she gave me antibiotics. She also gave me Topamax for migraine problems I had been having with increased frequency.
My problem died down, but never really went away. 2 weeks later it came back full force and I was back at the doctor and she said it was probably a cold but she gave me another round of anitbiotics anyway just in case. This time they seemed to dry me up, but the sinus pain never went away. I woke up every morning with harsh sinus pain that most days lasted all day. I was also having bad pain in my teeth (I went to the dentist over this time and there is nothing wrong with my actual teeth).
It is now 5 or 6 months since my last round of ABs and about 2 weeks ago I went off the Topamax. Suddenly my 'cold' is back. The doctor ruled out allergies since it actually gets worse when it rains and no allergy medicines ever helped.
Any thoughts on what this could be, and what it is I need to take to clear it up?
It does sound like chronic sinsusitis. Did you ever get a CT scan of your sinuses? That will show definitively if it is sinus or allergy related. Sinusitis can give you very bad headaches that can feel like a migraine. The tooth pain can also be caused by a sinus infection.

I hope this helps.

Melissa