Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Chronic Sinusitis/Swelling Eyes
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chronic Sinusitis/Swelling Eyes

Hello,

I have been dealing with sinusitis for several years. I had the endoscopic sinus surgery in 2005 and had success for awhile; I didn't really get another sinus infection for 2 yrs. However, I gradually began getting sinus infections more and more frequently. Now, I have had an ongoing case of sinusitis for several months. I have seen 2 ENTs and gotten a Catscan... the scan showed no polyps (which I had last time, which the surgery removed successfully) and only "mild inflammation indiciating sinusitis". I now use a neti pot w/ j&j baby shampoo twice a day and use Veramyst spray once a day - per my drs instructions. I also sometimes inhale steam with eucalyptis oil (I read about this doing my own research). I also had an allergy test performed, which indicated I have a very severe allergy to dust mites and mild allergy to cats. I have gotten rid of the rug in my bedroom as well as put allergen covers on my mattress and pillow.  I seem to be slightly/slowly improving. However, I have had chronic eyelid swelling for over a month now. I have tried many things - ice, chilled teabags, drinking tons of water, etc without much success. I am very self conscious about this and have become very frustrated.  I am pretty sure I have no other health probelems that would be causing eyelid swelling (top and lower eyelids). Is eyelid swelling diretly associated w/ sinusitis? Although I am feeling better, I still do feel pressure in the facial/forehead area as well as sometimes get bad sinus headaches. However, everything I read says swelling of eyes is caused by fluid retention. I am very conufsed as to how sinus inflammation causes eyelid swelling? Is it related to fluid retention at all?   Would greatly appreciate any feedback!!!