Chronic ear infections
Over the past 10 years I've had problems with ear infections.  I get them about 2-3 times a year.  I've also have very itchy ears and often a problem with excessive ear wax.  I used to get my ears flushed 1-2 times a year when the wax completely blocked up my ear, but now I try to add drops of baby oil to my ears to keep the wax from impacting.  I thought keeping the wax soft would help me from getting the ear infections, but it hasn't.  I don't recall having problems as a child with ear infections, why am I having all this problem as an adult?  (PS Every dr asks if I swim - I don't).  Is there anything I can do to avoid getting these ear infections?  The dr normally treats them with antibiotic drops and with antibiotics.  I'm concerned with all the antibiotics I've taken over the years I'm going to be immumune to them soon!
I've heard that taking Omega - 3 fatty acids, like in fish oil or flaxseed oil can help some of the itchiness in ears. Also, avoiding itching them, using Q-Tips only on the outside rim to dislodge dry skin and using Uncle Wally's Ear Oil when needed may help. I keep getting infections on and off. I feel it's because I have to wear ear plugs at work. I't's not the ear protection itself, but what gets on them when they're taken off and put back on that contaminates the ear. I also found a cool product that sort of takes the place of a Q-Tip. It's called Clinere. It is plastic and has a spoon shaped side and a brushy side. It exfoliates the outside and relieves the itchiness to a degree. They're kind of expensive, so I try to re-use mine by cleaning them with alcohol after each use. Hope this helps.