Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Chronic sphenoid sinusitis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Chronic sphenoid sinusitis

When I was 15, I was hospitalized for a week. It started out as migraines, pain between my eyes, fainting and waking up on the floor then excruciating pain behind my eyes, I ignored it. What landed me in the hospital was blurred vision, everything was moving in a blur, walls, etc. A fever of 103, convulsions, and the worst pain in my head that I couldn't pinpoint where it was. They did mri
Mris cts, and finally a spinal tap. Results showed no meningitis. so they had me do a rigorous amount of antibiotics, with antibiotics to go home with after I was released a week later. It took a good month and a half to go away for the most part. I was told I would probably suffer minor headaches for the rest of my life.

Here's my question; I'm 22 now and it's started again. The same pain, fainting, migraines, pain In between my eyes and horrible pain behind. Dr looked in my nose and said I'll give you augmentin, if it's worse in a week, go to the hospital.

Howcome it took so long for it to come back and should I push my doctor to look further into it or let it be?
Often antibiotics don't work in the upper sinuses, due to the low blood supply, and the fact that sinus infections work differently than other tissue infections.  This is an often effective technique that removes the infected mucus in the upper sinuses, avoiding surgery.

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322

The Flip-Turn Sinus Flush is mildly risky, because you have to bend over to do it, preferably in a shower, but you can also do it outside on soft ground, or you can kneel down and lean over a bathtub, or perhaps a plastic basin or tub, with the shower running for steam.