Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Chubby cheeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Chubby cheeks

I have a bit chubby cheeks i dint have them but i have a little fat face please help me out in reducing them and ehat kind of a diet should i take to reduce fat overall?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

To selective loose the facial fat, you could do some facial exercises to strengthens the facial muscles. But to lose weight you have to either cut down the calories in your diet or increase the loss of calories through exercise. Start by keeping a food diary, this way you can plan what to avoid. Get the caloric count of all the food you eat. Try not to eat all deep fried and high calorie food and replace with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. You can develop habits that will enable you to lose weight like eat a carrot before your meals, this will ensure that you eat less and is also healthy. So develop your own style which is comfortable to you and keep at it.

Hope this helps and Good Luck.
   I had the same problem with facial fat and chubby cheeks plus jowls under my chin. I first considered plastic surgery, but that is way too expensive. So I began to diet and exercise. I kept a food diary (using MedHelp trackers) and got out more and more walking and biking. I started to see results. I have dropped from a 48 waist to a 44 waste in just two months! My face also reflected the changes,it looked skinnier and firmer and the jowls are almost all gone.

I would also try doing facial exercises to strengthen your facial muscles. I find what really helps me is such a simple remedy you would almost laugh at yourself for not thinking of it before: Chewing a stick of gum! By chewing on the gum, it strengthens your jaw muscles and the muscles associated with chewing. Also, try this exercise right after you have brushed your teeth: Look in the mirror and say all the vowel sounds out loud normally: A>E>I>O>U...notice your mouth when you say each of them how ti stretches a bit with each sound. NOW...do the same thing only this time Exaggerate the movement of your mouth by stretching your mouth as wide as you can when you say each vowel sound. LOL, I know it may look silly when you see ti done in a mirror,but trust me, your face will feel like it had a good work out if your cheek muscles feel stiff and sore for a bit and then relaxed.