Clogged right ear...then vertigo in a few days
Two years ago at the age of 50 I experienced a vertigo attack for the first time, followed by another a few weeks later that sent me to the hospital.  My right ear had clogged prior to the attacks.

I continue to experience the clogged right ear with an ensuing vertigo attack esp. in February and around August.  I end up vomiting and discharging diarrhea simultaneously.

This whole thing is evidently seasonal, but the length of the vertigo attacks is increasing dramatically (from an hour initially to now 4 hours).  The ringing wakes me up just prior to the vertigo.  It's as if the ringing is signaling that the ear is preparing to unclog...which it pretty much does but only after I experience vertigo and get violently ill.  And then it takes at least a couple days to recover.

I am increasingly concerned as the ear remains clogged for a while longer with each passing episode, the latest of which occurred last night.

Any ideas as to what this is?
In your post entitled "dizziness" you stated:

"...I was awakened by feeling very dizzy, it felt like my inside of brains were spinning
also have a weird noise or sensation in my right ear...I do have a history of vertigo, but it has never been like this before."

Your experience is precisely my experience per above post.  But my right ear is usually clogged for a few days before the night you describe finally arrives.

Today I went back to my primary care physician for the first time since the initial vertigo experiences of 2 years ago.  He does not think my episodes are allergy-related.  So now begins the battery of tests:  I go to the ENT specialist in a week and the neurologist the week after.  CAT, MRI etc. loom on the horizon.  In the meantime, I take Claritin-D in the daytime and hope the routine staves off another right ear clog/vertigo bout until the next "scheduled" episode come February.

Sounds awfully much like Meniere's disease. See a neuro-otologist, also spelled neurotologist--these are specialists in the inner ear.

Good luck,
Nancy T.
Your story is exactly same as mine!Been looking for someone like u for me to get hope for cure.Here in Japan docs can just give temporary relief and say "no cure u have to live w/ it! Hope to get updates from u
Wanna know if this problem is season-related. Yours occurs in Feb. and Aug., mine Jun. then followed by Oct. til Dec. (the worst, hospitalized 2x aside from out-patient I.V. drips many times). Thought it is gone coz Jan- Apr. there was no attack. Until i started feeling fullness in my right ear again w/ hearing difficulty  and tinnitus worse than before.followed by dizziness 3x last week alone. It is bearable now but still finding right cure for this. Not satisfied w/ docs here but want to undergo MRI again to rule out Acoustic Neuroma i learned within this MedHelp site. I'm 50 yo, female so i can relate to your problem. Does menopause contribute to this problem?