Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Cobblestoning in throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Cobblestoning in throat

My 3 yr old daughter was just diagnosed with cobblestoning in the throat.  We were told to stay away from acidy fruit for 3 days.  My research shows the cobblestoning is not going to go away that quickly.  She has not been sick, no stuffy nose, no sneezing, no temperature.  I have had drainage that has gone down my throat, but not affected my nose.  I am guessing maybe my daughter has too.  If cobblestoning is caused by drainage, I would think maybe she needs to be taking something for allergies.  Do you have any ideas?
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Cobble stone appearance in the throat occurs in throat infections. It should resolve, given time. If the throat irritation is due to a post nasal drip, there should be evidence of nasal congestion or stuffiness. In the absence of which this is unlikely. So, wait for the inflammation to subside, in the meantime give her warm oral fluids.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.