Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Cocaine side effects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Cocaine side effects

I used cocaine for about 1 year.  i quit 5 months ago, but, every 5 days, my nose is filled with these hard,sticky, crusty cat **** and smaller "boogers" ( for lack of a better term).  What in the hell is going on?  I don't have insurance and haven't seen a dr. about this.  These boogers clog my nose and cause my breath (from my nose) to smell disgusting.  i remove them with tweezers and i have very thick smelly discharge which smells like an infection.   This is so embarassing!  I am so glad I was able, with the help of AA, to quit this awful addiction.  Any idea what is causing this?  ***@****
How could you afford to use cocaine for a year or so and not afford to have any health insurance?
It sounds like you could have atrophic rhinitis (spelling might not be right)  I think I read somewhere that you should irrigate nasal passages, use a humidifer when you sleep to keep the nasal membranes moist, also there is a gel that you can buy at walgreens drug store (I don't know where you live or if they have walgreens drug store where you live) anyway it is called "AYR nasal gel" and this is to help keep nasal membranes moist as well.  An ENT doctor at Mayo Clinic told me to use this as well, even though I have Vasomotor rhinitis.    Hope this is of some help to you   I would go and see an ENT doctor though. and be honest with him about your past use of cocaine., as this could help with your treatment of your nasal problems.