Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Cold feeling in throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Cold feeling in throat

Hi, every one . I am getting cold feeling in my throat from 2 weeks. I don't know what is the reason for this because there is no throat infection, i am all normal. Now i don't know whether it due to infection in my stomach or throat due to which i am getting this feeling. Kindly guide me that which medicine  should i take??thanks
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to a post nasal drip, which can cause a chronic irritation in the throat. This could be due to a sinus infection, a cold or a chronic allergy. It could be sinusitis, if it is accompanied by nasal stuffiness and facial pain or pressure. Post nasal drip could also be due to allergens. These are substances like pollen, dust, animal dander, certain foods, insect venoms and certain medications. Exposure to allergens causes a runny nose with a resultant post nasal drip where secretions from the nose go backward into the throat. If your symptoms persist, you will need to consult your primary care physician for proper clinical assessment. In the meantime for relief from your symptoms you could do warm salt gargles.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.