Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Confused,

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Confused,

Ok so I have been feeling like my left ear is blocked, my ears ring and I feel off balance. I was thinking panic attacks but I have noticed my left ear sometimes aches. I havent been to a dr yet. Also my head feels congested though it isnt. what could this be?!
Quite possibly fluid in the middle ear secondary to inflammation in the Eustachian tube.  That would high on my list anway.
Totally agree with ENTMD... I've suffered with ear infections my entire life.  Ear infections will make you feel "off balance", vertigo, etc.  I've also suffered with severe anxiety/panic attacks for almost 10 yrs now, and that was NEVER a symptom of a panic attack.  Could also be a sinus infection... Have you tried clearing your sinuses? I just did the "Sinus Flush" and it cleared out my sinuses and my ears popped, felt great!  here is the link..... if you are interested in giving it a try : http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322

Hope you get feeling better soon!  xoXOxo

--Cyn
hm, when i was younger i'd get ear infections. they'd itch. this doesnt itch..it just feels like my ear gets plugged when I have panic attacks. get the flashing lights when I turn my eyes aswell and I have had panic attacks since I was 10, i am now 23 so that is a good 12 to 13 years on and off.

I never had these symptoms before but then again....Panic attacks come in many shapes. I have been sneezing alot and the whether here is hot during the day and cold at night. on top of this I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago and my hormones are out of wack!

I will have to go see if I can get an appointment somewhere... cause I get pressure headaches aswell.

I don't feel actually dizzy, I feel like i am being dragged down or feel like i am falling.

hard to explain really.
I feel ya... I get ear infections constantly and I am 29 years old.... I cannot go swimming, etc... Sometimes my ear infections itch but sometimes they don't.... they just hurt like hell, they ring, they give me headaches and cause vertigo (where you basically feel off-balance, dizzy, light headed, etc).  Definately go see a doc (hopefully you have insurance).... I don't have insurance and have gone to the ER many times for ear infections, etc... They can't turn you away (not in Florida at least).  I know panic attacks never caused any of these symptoms, nor anxiety..... To me, it sounds like either a middle ear infection and/or sinus infection.  I get them all the time and the symptoms you described are very similiar to that so get to a doc, get on some antibiotics and you should be feeling better within days!  Let us know the outcome okay? Hope you get well soon!!!!!!! xoXOXoxo
As someone recommended, to do a sinus flush, it's not the best thing to do with a Eustachian tube or ear problem, go see a doctor, preferably an ENT.
Hmmm, but My ear isnt clogged all the time..It does it when I have panic attacks and I dont really feel dizzy but shoved down or heavy. this isnt an everyday thing either. that is why i am confused. I seen this site on here and it has a lot of symptoms.......
I have no clue what it is. been to the er 3 times already and everything was fine. >.<

http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml