Conjunctivitis and swollen face
Hello!  I was diagnosed with Conjunctivitis on Wednesday, Dr. didn't touch me, just looked in my eye and wrote scrip for Gentamicin. It got worse and my glands near my ear are painful and swollen and extends all the way down my neck on the right side.  The whole right side of my face is swollen.  I have a sore throat and drainage. I went back and Dr. asked me if I was allergic to sulfa, I said yes. (I said yes, the first time too.)  Now they gave me Cipro drops which I have been taking along with Benedryl the last 24 hours and it hasn't gotten better at all.  The swelling is really painful and is also along my nose and tear duct.  Of course, my lid is hugely swollen too.  Discharge, itchy, red, red, eyes, etc.  Headache too.  I'm at a loss.  It's the swollen glands on my right side that are concerning me.  Thanks! - Marina
You should ask about "orbital cellutitis".  My son just had this.  It is an infection of the eye socket that can begin with a sinus infection (like my son's) or from conjuctivitis.  It is very important to have this diagnosed quickly, because it can cause permanent eye damage and other problems.  He had headaches on one side, very swollen glands and substantial eye and face swelling.   He had to have a CT scan to diagnose the problem and then received IV antibiotics for 3 days.

Hope this helps,
JoAnn