Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Constant Ear Popping and Throat Drainage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I've had ear problems for a long time, as far back as I can remember I had the noraml ear infection kids get, and I'd get over it, but sometime when I was an older kid, my ears began popping and I'd suck up to fix them, I did that all the way through school whenever it's happen, then outta school, I did meth for 5 years, and smoked, and was addicted to affrin.  Anyways, that's my health history.  Now, after I got pregnant and had my baby(and stopped smoking and everything), my ears seemed to get worse.  They'd pop open and things would sound strange and feel strange in my head.  And I've noticed a constant drainage....down the back of my throat and outta my nose, and even outta my ears.  I've been to my regular family doctor over and over again, he always said there's pressure behind my ear drums, I had infection a couple times, he also sent me to an ENT, WHO told me he thinks I might have Patulous Eustation Tube, and TMJ, and all this and that.  I went to him twice!  He said the same thing.  He also sent me to a hearing institute in the city, where, he also told me it sounds like I have PET, but when he looked in my ears at my ear drum I guess to see if it was moving with my breath, it wasn't.  Anyways, my head is now starting to hurt...oh and my 3 yr old daughter keeps getting sick too!  With fever and like what seems to be a cold....with drainage and congestion.  Now, my head is starting to hurt...and I'm starting to tingle in different areas of my body.  I'm afraid I have this constant infection in my head, I just know I do, but I don't know what's causing it.