Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Constant blockage in right nostril and right side of trachea

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I've been having chronic sinusitis since my nose was broken 5 yrs ago. I just recently noticed that my inferior turbinates have stayed swollen; noticeably more in my left nostril. My right nasal passage has a tendency to stay blocked, and there feels as if there's a blockage on the same side in the back of my throat. Also, since allergy season has rolled around, my nasal passages have stayed swollen and red; but w/no drainage, mucous, sneezing, or any other classic symptoms of a sinus infection. I've also had trouble taking a deep breath as well. All blood work and x-rays have come back fine. No signs of infection or blockage in my lungs whatsoever. So what could this be?
I have this same problem and I can't find a Dr. to help me. My sinus passages inside the nose are so swollen, my left side is swollen shut & the right side is very swollen, I can't breath through my nose. They are bright red, & burning, & in the beginning there were white sores on them. They have been swollen for 5 weeks straight now! My Ent said there was nothing he could do for me. Because it was not a sinus infection. I have alot of facial pain due to the swelling. I have tried nasal sprays & it didn't work. I have used netti pot nasal rinse, doesn't work. Afrin was the only thing to get the swelling to go down, but only last for 2 hours at a time. I have a deviated septum but I don't know if this has anything to do with it. I have had blood work done that was normal, ct scan that was normal. I have had 2 sinus surgeries in the past, but I don't have the same problems as I did then.. I have no Mucous either, no sneezing, nothing, just swelling & face pain. I am going to a neurologist 23rd of this month. Wish me luck & I hope you find your answer too. This is the most miserable I have ever been. I have also started not sleeping since the swelling started...Have you found your answer yet? If so please email me ***@****, so I can see what could be causing mine too...Thanks