Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Constant buzz in my ear, worried sick please give me your 2 cents

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Hello I am 19 yrs old I suffer from very bad anxiety. I'm constantly googling things and convincing myself I have a terminal illness. Anyway. Very recently I noticed crackling in my ear for the first time. Only in one ear, my right. My right ears feel pretty full and just now I noticed this constant buzz sound.  I'm actually wide awake in the middle of the night as I type this cuz of this sound. Any ideas to what this might be? I have headaches too and also 2 days ago for the first time ever I woke and and was very off balance. I produce electronic music as a hobby so I  constantly listening to music so I think I might have received some trauma from that. Anyways I'm just worried sick cuz apparently 1 sided tinnitus and vertigo/ headaches are symptoms of brain tumor
Oh and just to add I tapped the back of my skull a few times cuz apparently that's a way to stop the buzzing and the buzzing only got worse and subsided to a tolerable level in about a minute
Don't worry about a brain tumor- super rare!
Hello Im sorry to hear that you are having this problem.I began just like you I highly recommend that you see a E.N.T. H.N.S. specialist asap, you might be suffering from "tinitis" oh and please dont get water in your ears trust me and stay away from ibuprofen at least in my case I learned that those intensify the ringing or buzzing in my ear oh and btw if you are a dj or musician try and use ear plugs when around loud equiptment.I had mri, ct scan, but the one that caught my problem was xrays of the full inner ear. If you have Kaiser and are in the L.A. area I recommend Dr.Teri Orin but if not I wish you the very best oh and to mask out the noise you can put a fan next to you or some sort of white noise.
Hello its me again just wanted to add that EDM may be the cause of your problem and as far as tumors go I highly doubt that I had this for many years and you will learn to cope with it I know its hard but I had to put my headphones and needles away for a long while I mean a long while like 1-2 months.