Constant feeling of something in the throat
I have had sinus trouble for many years, but now I can feel a drip down the back of my throat constantly.  Then I feel like I have a lump in my throat or voicebox, but I do not bring up any mucous.  I also have a GERD issue for a long time, and have been on Nexium which has taken care of the GERD.  I get a little bit of relief with Allegra prescribed by my doctor.  I have no problem swallowing food or liquid, but concerned over this constant feeling of something there in the middle of my throat.
Sounds like post nasal drip.

You could try elevating the head of your bed or using more pillows. That may help a bit.
Sinus rinses help, but don't over use them...otherwise your body becomes dependant on them. Can also cause inner ear issues.
Check the side affects of the Nexium - look too for affects for long term use.  I don''t recall the details but recall some concerns about Nexium or maybe just acid reflux medications in general.

My problem is nasal congestion, not post drip, so I can't directly relate to your symptoms.  I can say I have used the netti pot nasal rinse, and it takes some getting used to, especially if one has any fear of drowning/water.  I find it effective at clearing the sinus areas between the two nostrils but think it does little else.  I suppose if one has some dust or pollen or other aggravating in the nose it could help by clearing that out.  I have read not to us tap water as it may contain irritants.  I use bottled steam iron water, not spring drinking water for my netti pot.  
My daughter just got a Netti pot for herself, as she has problems with sinus also.  So does my husband.  Maybe its this NJ air we live in, full of pollen and dirt all the time.
Thank You everyone for your advice.  I have to take the Nexium, as its the only thing that works for my GERD issues which is caused from me being on a Oral Chemo drug for a long time.
I do think its something like what they call a mucous plug, as it clears sometimes until I feel that drip down the back of the throat again.
I've lived in NJ most of my life, I was born in Colorado and lafter high school joined the Navy and ended up getting married and stayed in Seattle for about 8 years.

My nasal congestion began a year or two ago, I don't recall having anything other than occasional congestion before that.

I lived in the Red Bank area near the shore for about 8 years, the rest of the time in north central, Flemington area. So we are now in very different parts of the state, so I don't think I will blame my congestion on NJ.  There's lots to complain about, but I'll give NJ a pass on air quality.  My congestion is year-round so it isn't pollen (much as there is here) that gives me the problem.  I don't think it is an allergy, but maybe in my old age I've become allergic to dust or something else we basically all live with.

Oral chemo?  My wife just started her second round of interventions chemo.  She was cancer free for about two years before more trouble was detected.  I didn't know there was an oral method, related to acid  reflux?   Really subect for one of the cancer communities.