Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Constant hacking cough after an itchy throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I have a sore throat when I wake up in the morning, it usually goes away but the itchy part of it stays all day... and it keeps on making me cough violently as if I am going to throw up. The coughing lasts all day. I have mucus coming up when I have the violent coughs. Last time I had this problem, it lasted a month and it slowly went away.. The doctor tought it was hypersensitive bronchials and prescribed me some sort of steroid aerosol... but it does NOT help at all. I think she was completely off because it's definitaly not my lungs that are the problem here.

Anyone have a similar issue? Could possibly guide me through this.. The coughing won't let me sleep, my throat is constantly itching at night.. as it does through the day.. and I don't want to endure another month with this..

Thank you.